There are more than 5 reasons that the franchise Canvas&Cocktails is fun and successful. That’s why I had to see what my Colorado girls were talking about when I visited sunny CO last week. So early on a Sunday morning at 10 a.m. I joined 40(!!!!!) other painters to get the creative juices going!
1. Pairing cocktails with creativity is brilliant. To be clear, I’m not endorsing alcohol as a muse. But the atmosphere here, whether you choose a cocktail or one of the many mocktails, is light and fun. I prefer it to the same old “let’s meet for happy hour and dinner” scenario.
2. Preparedness is done for you. They have all the supplies you need, the table is prepped for a good ole’ paint mess, and there’s nothing to bring but your Inner Artist.
3. Paint instructions are for all. Beginners, intermediates, children, and adults. We painted our background with giant brushes like Bob Ross used. Then we made “x’s” by swish/swishing back and forth for stems. Next we placed a flat brush against the canvas and twirled it to make perfect circles. How easy is that?
4. Party atmosphere with music and lots of conversation make for a relaxing experience. And when you are relaxed, you can tap into the right side of the brain. Although the instructor didn’t paint her leaves like this or spatter paint like this, I found myself creating my own pastel garden. Can I tell you how fun it is to look around and see that no two paintings are alike?
5. Plenty of classes are on their calendar! There are 47 classes in the month of June alone. It’s easy to find seats for you and your friends considering all the days and times.
Thanks for a great class!
Can’t wait for all of you to paint with me June 26th on the porch of the Cocoa Beanery listening to live music and creating our own masterpieces. See link on my Facebook page to sign up or contact me through my web page!